Lets face it life hard enough without having to live and become stagnant in a constant state of regret over lost opportunities, loves, and chances to speak you mind. If you want to change you life and make the most of it, get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Here's that comfort zone thing again. Here's a few - 25 or so - uncomfortable things to try to ensure you will no longer let regret play out in any part of your life.
1. Speak you mind and address it early when something is bothering you. You'll usually only get one chance at making a lasting impact.
2. Gather the courage to stick to the things that are important to you. We all are so easily swayed by what others think.
3. Ask yourself if you are who you wanted to be when you grew up. If you aren't there yet, keep working on it.
4. Let go of all those things that don't matter in your life. When you are 20-something, everything seems to be important.
5. Make sure you are living life outside of social media instead of painting an imaginary picture of your life on social media. Use it as a means of communication of where you are in your life.
6. Check the drama queen act at the door. Let your overreacting self take a break once in a while.
7. Talk about the world, politics, hobbies, food - anything except other people and your judgements of them.
8. Stop telling yourself you are fat. When you die, no one is going to care how 'fat' your were. They'll care about you as the person you were.
9. Be interested in other people and mean it. Learning about others is fascinating and a great way to learn about ourselves too. Learn the art of active listening.
10. Stop trying to be anything other than a kind and empathetic person. Being kind will bring you lots of joy and satisfaction in your life. No one cares about your opinion if you aren't being nice to people.
11. Give yourself some room to breathe and mess up. Pay attention to things in the moment and allow yourself to enjoy them. Learn the lessons from the past, then move on.
12. Read. A lot. Don't limit yourself to what's on the internet - they actually still print books!
13. Be nice. The easiest way to do this is to always put other's feelings before your own.
14. You aren't going to trip and fall into your soul mate: you need to go out and find them.
15. Don't spend money you don't have: give money away when ever you can: set yourself up for financial success early and you'll be glad you did.
16. Trophies don't make you a better person, habits do. Work on being better everyday and you will become the person you see yourself being.
17. Draft a mission statement for yourself as a person. Use it to help you make decisions and guide your life. Define your core values and make them realistic and authentic.
18. Don't cross people and burn bridges. You think walking out of a situation today isn't going to impact your life in 5 years from now? Think again. Keep it classy and you'll never have to worry about your life choices coming back to haunt you.
19. Ask people to be honest with you. Regardless of whether you agree or not, hearing people out is important.
20. Pay attention to when you feel uncomfortable about something: there's opportunity to learn and grow there but many people gloss over it. Feedback is a primary function for personal growth and self awareness.
21. Don't blame others for your shortcomings. Identify and accept responsibility for yourself at all turns.
22. FIND YOU PURPOSE and you will find pleasure.
23. Create a home for yourself that you appreciate no matter where you are in life. Whether it's your parents basement, a high rise apartment or a van. Plant your roots and be happy with what you have.
24. Forget what you see online: real life is happening right in front of your eyes. Go out and live it.
25. Make sure you get the most of your life by never holding back on love, thoughts, ideas, desires or dreams.
Whether you've just turned 20 or are about to roll over into your 50's, there are lots of ways you can turn your life in a new direction at any given moment. The first step is to make a list like this one of all the guiding principles you want to use in your life. What do you expect from yourself?
Always expect the most from yourself. Don't put that responsibility on others. When you expect things from other people, you'll almost always be disappointed in the results. When you expect things from yourself, you have an opportunity to become someone new at every turn.
More on resilience breakthrough's next blog.
chasinrainbowz via Instagram
Escape-And-Explore via Facebook